Comment on page
Every Knight needs a place of their own. Degen Quarters is a space for Knights to call home.
The Degen Quarters serve three (3) primary purposes:
- Staking all of your KOD NFTs after the initial Degen Quarters redemption period. Without a Degen Quarters, you cannot stake the NFTs you acquire from the Degen Kingdom.
- Earn rewards from staking like future NFTs and gameplay multipliers.
- A 3D customizable space where you can display your NFTs, host others, and recharge from competitions in the Degen Arena.
- Players can purchase a Knight on any marketplace to quality for the airdrop
- Degen Quarters will be sold individually for a limited time at the end of the initial “Pre-Season Baking” period
- Receive a “Degen Deed” - airdropped on Polygon - (coming Spring ‘23)
- One (1) Degen Deed will be airdropped per Knight held
- Stake Deed + Knight + Steedz (optional) during the special “Pre-Season Baking” period
- After 60 consecutive days of being staked, Degen Deeds become “fully baked”
- Fully baked Deeds will be redeemable for Degen Quarters 1:1 at the end of the Pre-Season
- NOTE: Degen Quarters will be redeemable in batches for tiered Degen Quarters during a special minting period (Fall ‘23).
- Tiers will affect things like:
- XP/Points Multiplier
Tiers play an important role in the Degen Kingdom. Quarters are no exception.
Degen Quarters can be individually traded-in for Knights Quarters, or can be batched together and traded-in for higher tiered quarters such as Duke, Noble, and Royal.
- Note: Additional Degen Quarters will be made available - for a cost - at the end of the Pre-Season for those who miss out on the Pre-Season staking period and/or wish to elevate the tier during the exchange period.
Degen Quarters will be redeemable for the following:
- 1 Degen Quarters = 1 Knight Quarters
- 3 Degen Quarters = 1 Duke Quarters
- 10 Degen Quarters = 1 Noble Quarters
- 25 Degen Quarters = 1 Royal Quarters
Example scenarios of redemption mechanics for reference:
- 2 Degen Quarters = 2 Knight Quarters
- 4 Degen Quarters = 1 Duke Quarters, 1 Knight Quarters
- 15 Degen Quarters = 1 Noble Quarters, 1 Duke Quarters, 2 Knight Quarters
- 33 Degen Quarters = 1 Royal Quarters, 2 Duke Quarters, 2 Knight Quarters
- Staking Capacity: Higher tier = more space for staking assets = more XP earned, faster
- XP Multipliers: Higher tier = More XP earned from staking assets
- XP elevates status on all specialized, temporary, and overall leaderboards
- Position on the leaderboards impacts rewards, contest eligibility, rarity of future NFT drops, and more
- Gameplay Multipliers: Higher tier = more available power, energy, and quicker recharge
- Utilizing this enhanced regeneration, players can compete in KOD games and fantasy contests more frequently and/or increase their entries to specific contests
- Virtual space
- Receive Degen Deed
- Connect wallet containing KOD assets
- Select the Knight(s) you would like to stake to your Deed(s)
- Bonus: Staking a Steed with a Knight will generate a bonus at the end of the staking period
- Staking with KOD is gasless and is done in a way often referred to as "soft-staking"
- Owned assets will not leave your wallet and will not require any transaction
- Knights (and Steedz) must remain staked for 60 consecutive days during the Pre-Season Baking period
- Listing and/or selling a staked Knight will reset the counter
- Re-staking a Knight will result in the counter being set to “Day 0”
- After 60 consecutive days of staking, Deeds will become “fully baked”
- “Fully Baked” = eligible for a 1:1 exchange of a Degen Quarter during the redemption period taking place at the end of the Pre-Season
- The Pre-Season Baking period for Deeds/Degen Quarters will be open until Season One begins (Fall ‘23)
- The exchange period of Degen Quarters for Knights/Duke/Noble/Royal Quarters will take place in the final weeks of the Pre-Season
- This will function as the official first mint of the tiered Degen Quarters
- After Season One begins, there will be only two ways to obtain Degen Quarters:
- Purchase on a secondary marketplace
- Earn and/or acquire as rewards from the exchanged supply held by the Treasury.
- Virtual, 3D interactive functionality will be added over time