DAO Contributor Reward Framework
- 1.Incentivize sustainable, valuable and long-term contributions
- 2.Learn and adapt as we go
- 3.Reward different types of value – expertise, MEME making, community engagement
Compensation is an acknowledgement of a community member’s valuable work that enriches the ecosystem and can take three forms based on the type of contributor engagement:
- 1.Contributor payments - To receive contributor payment, individuals must be onboarded into Degen DAO on a defined basis according to:
- Needs of Degen DAO
- time and attention required
- the level of expertise
- the estimated and actual impact of contribution
- Example: Committee members receive regular rewards while they serve on the committee.
2. Project Scopes - Scoped projects are discrete tasks which need action across a range of skill sets. Each project has a defined scope and level of compensation associated with the task being requested. Committees and working groups may use project scopes as a way to move forward clearly defined needs that require minimal context.
3. Proposal Based - Contributors can also be rewarded based on a Proposal requests made by the contributor(s) to the community. However, no contributor can simultaneously be compensated through ‘contributor payment’ and ‘one-off/proposal-based’.